Named and Shamed

Named and Shamed

Text

Squalid roads, buildings and locations in Croydon named and shamed.

Friday, March 23, 2007

The "Charm" Offensive

I received an interesting letter today, from Croydon Council's Corporate Solicitor. In it he notes that the council have seen my letter to the Secretary of State, objecting to the CPO of the land near East Croydon station, and would welcome an opportunity to arrange a meeting between myself and the project team "to discuss your concerns in more detail".

Seemingly an Associate, within the compulsory purchase and compensation team of Donaldsons (an independent firm of surveyors and property consultants), will contact me in due course.

That's very nice, but why leave it to this stage to invite me for a friendly chat?

I have, after all, made my opposition to the Arrowcroft scheme very clear for quite some time now (in fact I have been objecting to it since before this administration was elected to office, last May).

I wonder if this sudden desire to engage with me has something to do with the forthcoming public inquiry into the the CPO?

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Unbelieveable