Named and Shamed

Named and Shamed

Text

Squalid roads, buildings and locations in Croydon named and shamed.

Thursday, February 08, 2007

Gateway Propaganda Sheet

Sent to Croydon Council today:

"Yesterday I, and I assume other residents living in Croydon, received another expensively produced colour 4 page propaganda sheet outlining the benefits of the Arrowcroft/Croydon Council proposal for the Gateway site.

It was remarkably "economical with the actualite", eg it scrupulously refuses to mention that Stanhope own the gateway site and have a rival plan for it.

The propaganda sheet notes that Arrowcroft are in "partnership with Croydon Council", and makes liberal references to Croydon Council.

I assume that the wording and layout has been approved by the council prior to distribution.

I have a number of questions:

1 Did the council pass on my address details, and the address details of other residents, to Arrowcroft?

2 How much does this regular propaganda sheet cost to produce?

3 Who is paying for it, Arrowcroft or Croydon council (ie the taxpayers)?

I look forward to hearing from you.

Kind regards

Ken Frost MA FCA FIPFM
"

No comments: