Named and Shamed

Named and Shamed

Text

Squalid roads, buildings and locations in Croydon named and shamed.

Friday, February 20, 2004

The Leaning Chimney Pot of Croydon

Here is a photo, albeit slightly blurred (sorry folks I’m not a professional photographer), of one of the chimney stacks of The Bird House (see my earlier post below for full details on The Bird House).




Now, I am sure it is quite obvious that there is a problem here. However, for the benefit of the owners of the Bird House and Croydon Council; neither of whom seem to care about the state of this building, I will elucidate.

One of the chimney pots is leaning at an alarming angle.

I am no expert on these matters, but I strongly suspect that the pot (and it seems to be quite a large one) is going to topple over in the not too distant future.

This of course poses a hazard to any pedestrians in the vicinity, who have the misfortune to be walking past at the time it chooses to topple.

I would remind our ever vigilant Council, and the rather dozy owners of this building, that this building is also next door to a nursery school.

Now at the risk of sounding like a bore, why not fix it before someone gets hurt or killed?

No comments: