Named and Shamed

Named and Shamed

Text

Squalid roads, buildings and locations in Croydon named and shamed.

Thursday, February 19, 2004

Since the article was published in yesterday's Guardian, I have received a number of emails supporting my observations.

One comment, I think best acts as a riposte to Croydon Council's claim to act promptly when complaints are made:

"I have seen the area getting dirtier and dirtier..I have phoned the council on various occasions to complain about the dirty streets, rubbish etc and have never spoken to anyone that actually lives in Croydon, maybe that is the problem, they represent Croydon but know nothing about it..."

I would also point out that the buildings that I have featured, so far, have been in this derelict state for several years...what timeframe dear Council leaders do you judge to be prompt?

No comments: