Named and Shamed

Named and Shamed

Text

Squalid roads, buildings and locations in Croydon named and shamed.

Friday, February 27, 2004

The Bird House Revisited

Look what I saw today at “The Bird House” (to read my earlier articles about this place visit The Bird House and The Leaning Chimney Pot of Croydon), someone has made a lame attempt to improve the aesthetics of this building.

If you are the owners, or a member of Croydon Council, can you spot the difference?

Before



After



Yes that's right; the boarding, which had fallen down, has been put back up.

I assume that the owners of this sorry wreck of a building and Croydon Council, who allegedly are meant to protect our urban environment, think that this is a real improvement to this eyesore.

It is nice to think that my website has had something to do with pricking their consciences into doing something. However, I am less than impressed with their efforts.

I want, and I assume the residents of Sydenham Road also want, to see this building renovated.

So stop messing around, and get on with it!

No comments: