Named and Shamed

Named and Shamed

Text

Squalid roads, buildings and locations in Croydon named and shamed.

Monday, January 28, 2008

The Secret Judo Club Revisited

The Secret Judo Club
Sent to my local councillors today:

"Dear Councillors

I contacted the Empty Properties Department of Croydon Council a fortnight ago, to ask about the derelict site on Tavistock Road (where I live) that used to be a Judo club.

It has been abandoned for over four years, without any signs of it being renovated or redeveloped.

I have featured it on my website on several occasions, and it has been mentioned in the local press.

Yet nothing is being done with it?

Why?

The Empty Properties Department state that they cannot help, and advised me to write to you.

Please advise me as to when this blight on my road and the community will be addressed.

The fact that there is a severe housing shortage in the South East, and that this property has remained derelict and a blight on the community is nothing short of scandalous.

Thank you for you help.

Kind regards

Ken Frost

www.croydoniscrap.com
"

No comments: