Named and Shamed

Named and Shamed

Text

Squalid roads, buildings and locations in Croydon named and shamed.

Wednesday, January 30, 2008

The Secret Judo Club Revisited II

The Secret Judo Club
In response to my letter to my ward councillors on 28th January, re the disused judo club, I received this email from one of them (Susan Winborn) on the 29th:

"Dear Mr Frost

Thank you for your email regarding the Judo Club site.

Planning permission was granted in September 2006 on this site for the erection of two four/five storey buildings comprising a total of nine one bedroom and 26 two bedroom flats; formation of vehicular access and provision of 18 parking spaces and cycle stores.

regards

Cllr Susan Winborn
"

I raised the following question, by return:

"Thank you Susan

When will work commence please?

Kind regards

Ken Frost
"

She answered a couple of hours later:

"Ken

I am afraid I cannot say when the developers are likely to be in a position to start work.

May I suggest that you look on the Croydon Council site under planning application number 06/01923/P. This gives you full details of this application which was passed by the Planning Committee including the name and address of the developers.

Regards

Susan
"

I was not that impressed with this, and wrote back later that afternoon:

"Susan

Is this not your role to help me, as your potential "voter", and look into this on my (and your other "constituents') behalf??

If not, what exactly is your role in life?

The site as been derelict for over four years, the planning application has been in place (according to you) for 1.5 years (my site says longer).

Clearly the owner has either:

1 Run out of money, or

2 Is holding the site to make a profit for resale, undeveloped

Neither of which is good for the residents of Croydon.

How about helping resolving this issue, on behalf of your "voters"?

If you can't, what exactly did you stand for election for?

regards

Ken

www.croydoniscrap.com
"

I copied the message to a number of organisations/individuals. I am pleased to say that Boris Johnson's office wrote back, and said that they would forward it to his housing policy group.

I will keep this site updated with any other responses that I receive.

No comments: